Tuesday 2 September 2014

Acquaintance x Retro Vintage


  The first time I heard about Retro is back when I was in third year high school. According to Wikipedia, the word "retro" derives from the Latin prefix retro, meaning "backwards or in past times" -- particularly seen in the words retrograde, implying a movement toward the past instead of a progress toward the future, and retrospective, referring to a nostalgic ( or critical) eye toward the past. It's-been-awhile-since-I-had-my-last-blogpost feeling again! I got preoccupied by school stuff. Woah, I feel so tired everyday and forever. This is one the realizations I had since I enter college that I know in myself that I chose a profession that I will be busy for the rest of my life! T_T Nevertheless, giving up isn't an option.





















































































  We had our Acquaintance Party last Saturday so again, I would like to thank my good friend Monita for taking all these photos. Thank you friend! *Oh friend, andyan ka pala? Anong course mo? Grumaduate ka pala? I knew you were, you were gonna come to me....* Haha, that's how we talk in school. Lol. I like this outfit very much since I had a very embarrassing story about it two years ago. It's very appropriate for our party's theme which is Retro Vintage because my dad bought it in Dubai in a thrift shop there. Just what I've read from a magazine, there's always something nostalgic with old clothes because they always have a story and history. It's always nice to go back to the old years where we lived in a different way compared to now. I also felt like wearing a Sheiralyn piece because it's so customized like and matchy matchy. That's actually one of my dreams now -- to order an item in Sheiralyn which is really popular nowadays if you guys are using instagram, you could relate I guess. I hope you like my blogpost! Thanks for dropping by! I can't believe we'll be having our semi finals next week. Do you know the feeling that you have just sat in your couch and you're like gonna stand or walk again?? Woah, this is not a joke in real life and to be honest!!










Love,
Patricia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment